Insights from Kerri, Dental Hygienist, Team Whitmore
Whether you’re heading to the beach, a family reunion, or an international adventure, vacation is a time to re-charge energy and connect with loved ones.
Taking care of yourself in healthy ways makes vacation even better, from getting needed sleep to taking an early morning run or walk on the beach. The same is true for maintaining a tooth-care routine. You’ll look and feel your best when you meet new people, spend time with a loved one, and smile for vacation photos.
Here are a few tips that make a difference:
- Today’s Sonicare toothbrushes can hold a charge for two weeks, so leave your charger at home and pack your brush. Bringing your Sonicare is especially helpful if you’ve made investments in your teeth (like implants or bridges).
- If you have had special dental work done, give our team a call before you head out on vacation. We can provide advice on a personalized dental care routine.
- If you don’t bring your Sonicare, brush manually twice a day for two minutes each and floss once a day. This basic routine will help protect your teeth during your vacation.
- Buy a couple travel-sized toothbrushes and toothpastes, and stash a set in your purse or pocket for some quick tooth-care while you’re out for the day.
- Make a dental care appointment for after your vacation. Knowing that appointment is coming up is an extra incentive to keep your teeth in tip-top shape.
Need more dental care tips? Find more ideas here.
Ready to schedule that post-vacation check-up? To arrange a consultation, contact Janet or Rachel at 877-779-4486. Whitmore Dental is conveniently located at 5932 West Parker Road, Suite 600, Plano, TX 75093.